Saraswati Dwadash Naam Stotram is a Stotra describing the twelve divine names of Goddess Saraswati. Saraswati is the Goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and consciousness.
Saraswati is the Goddess that provides knowledge to the world. Saraswati is the voice of every being in this world.
Saraswati provides boons to the seeker and is the energy of all intellectual tasks. Saraswati is the Goddess of knowledge, music, arts, and science.
She is part of the Trinity of Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Parvati. She is the Goddess of learning, memory, and mind power.
Saraswati is the Goddess of Knowledge. She portrays the union of power and intelligence from which organized creation arises.
Saraswati maintains all the learnings of the Vedas, scriptures, dancing, musical power, and poetry. She shared language and writing with men. Her origin is the lost Vedic river Saraswati.
The human being who reads the twelve names of the consort of Brahma in the dawn, noon, and dusk would get all powers and the great Goddess would be pleased with him, And on his tongue would live Goddess Saraswathi with the form of Brahma.
Saraswati Dwadash Naam Stotram Meaning
सरस्वती द्वादश नाम स्तोत्रम्
सरस्वतीमहं वन्दे वीणापुस्तकधारिणीम् ।
हंसवाहसमायुक्तां विद्यादानकरीं मम ॥ १॥
Saraswathimaham Vande veena pusthaka Dharinim
Hamsavaha samayuktham, vidhya dhanaKareem mama
Oh, Saraswathi you are seen holding Veena and Book,
Riding on a swan, please grant knowledge as charity to me
प्रथमं भारती नाम द्वितीयं च सरस्वती ।
तृतीयं शारदा देवी चतुर्थं हंसवाहिनी ॥ २॥
Prathmam bharathi nama, dwitheeyam cha saraswathi
Thritheeyam Sharada Devi, chathurtham Hamsavahini
The first, she who is of Bharatha, the second, Saraswathi
The third goddess Sarada, the Fourth one who rides on a swan,
पश्चमं जगति ख्याता षष्ठं वाणीश्वरी तथा ।
कौमारी सप्तमं प्रोक्ता अष्टमं ब्रह्मचारिणी ॥ ३॥
Panchamam Jagadee khyaatha, Shashtam Vaaneeswari thathaa
Kaumari Sapthamam prokthaa, ashtamam Brahma Charini
Five one who improves the world, sixth, goddess of voice
Seventh in the lass, Eighth one who worships Brahma
नवमं बुद्धिदात्री च दशमं वरदायिनी ।
एकादशं क्षुद्रघण्टा द्वादशं भुवनेश्वरी ॥ ४॥
Navamam Budhi dathri, dasamam Vara Dhayini
Ekadasam Kshudhrakandaa, dwadasam Bhuvaneshwari
Ninth She who grants intelligence, tenth, she who grants boons
Eleventh she who destroys evil and twelfth the goddess of the universe
Benefits Saraswati Dwadash Naam Stotram
ब्राह्मी द्वादशनामानि त्रिसन्ध्यं यः पठेन्नरः ।
सर्वसिद्धिकरी तस्य प्रसन्ना परमेश्वरी ।
सा मे वसतु जिह्वाग्रे ब्रह्मरूपा सरस्वती ॥ ५॥
Brahmyaa Dwadasa naamani trisandhyam ya pathen narah
Sarva sidhi kari tasya prasanna Parameshwari Sa me vasathu jihwagre brahma roopaa Saraswathi
The human being who reads the twelve names of the consort of Brahma in the dawn, noon, and Dusk Would get all powers and the great goddess would be pleased with him
And on his tongue would live Goddess Saraswathi with a form of Brahma
इति सरस्वतीद्वादशनामस्तोत्रं सम्पूर्णम् ।
The seeker can also derive the same benefits by rehearsing the 12 divine names in Naamavali format.
Saraswati Dwadash Naamavali
1. ॐ ऐं भारत्यै नमः । Om Bharathyai nama - Salutations to her who is Bharathi
2. ॐ सरस्वत्यै नमः । Om Saraswatyai nama -Salutations to her who is Saraswathi
3. ॐ शारदायै नमः । Om Sharadayai nama -Salutations to her who is Sarada
4. ॐ हंसवाहिन्यै नमः । Om Sri HamsaVahinysai nama - Salutations to her who rides on swan
5. ॐ जगतिख्यातायै नमः । Om Sri Jagadheekhyaathayai Nama -Salutations to her who improve the world
6. ॐ वाणीश्वर्यै नमः । Om Vaneeswaryai nama -Salutations to the goddess of voice
7. ॐ कौमार्यै नमः । Om Kaumaryai nama -Salutations to her who is a lass
8. ॐ ब्रह्मचारिण्यै नमः । Om Brahma charinyai nama -Salutations to her who worships Brahma
9. ॐ बुद्धिदात्र्यै नमः । Om Budhi dhatryai nama -Salutations to her who grants intelligence
10. ॐ वरदायिन्यै नमः । Om Vara Dhayinyai nama -Salutations to her who grants boons
11. ॐ क्षुद्रघण्टायै नमः । Om Kshudraakandayai nama -Salutations to her who destroys evil
12. ॐ भुवनेश्वर्यै नमः । Om Bhuvaneswaryai nama-Salutations to her who is the goddess of the universe
इति सरस्वतीद्वादशनामावलिः समाप्ता ।