Why Mantra Fails are the FAQs that provide the performance analysis of the sadhak and mantra sadhana. Over the years of my experience in the field of mantras, I have seen many people with success in mantras whereas many have failed despite how hard they try.
The one question that strikes my mind most often is “Why Mantra Sadhna Fails” for most people.
Mantra Sadhna is a science that has never failed for our ancient sages and seers. But nowadays most people don’t get any success and failure in the mantra sadhana. I have my own personal observations in this field which I have observed over a period of 28 years.
These observations may help any beginner in mantra sadhana to have a glimpse of the Golden rules to taste success early in life.
When I was a child I used to visit the Health Club with my father which was called Hanuman Akharas. I was always bewildered when I looked at how some people could lift so much weight while I could hardly lift a normal dumbbell.
I asked a wrestler how could lift so much weight. He answered in a friendly tone- “It takes years of regular practice and patience to lift that kind of weight. When you will be grown up you will also be able to do that”.
Some 15 years after I also started visiting health clubs with my friend and after 6 months of hard training, I was also able to lift that much weight. This was possible only after regular and consistent practice.
Similarly, the success in mantras Sadhana can only be achieved after consistent practice and training. Though you need a coach, the right mental attitude, consistent efforts, and a nutritious diet to build the muscles.
Similarly one can attain good results in the field of mantras and sadhana if done correctly and keeping other factors in mind. There are some of my personal observations that any sadhak can adopt in his life to get success in Mantra Sadhna.
Why Mantra Fails: 10 Golden Rules for Success in Mantras
1. Authentic Mantra and Exact pronunciation- The first step in any mantra sadhana is to get the authentic mantra. The mantra should be flawless. Any mistake in the mantra should not yield favorite results.
Furthermore, the mantra should be pronounced correctly in a manner told by the Guru. though Your accent may be different according to your geographical location. The mantra should be chanted loudly enough so that you can listen to it.
Certain mantras can’t be changed in the mind only. The mantra should be chanted while sitting in a proper stature. The sadhak must be sitting in a Sukhasan or Padmasana.
Chanting mantras while roaming or doing office work doesn’t get any results.
2. Thought-free Mind– An average person thinks nearly 60,000 thoughts per day in his lifetime. The mind is like an ocean for a normal person in which the tides keep on showing in one way or another.
What happens while one starts mantra, thoughts of different kinds keep popping up on the surface of the mind. There comes a storm of thoughts in the mind which sways your conscious mind.
Thoughts of near ones, worries of business or profession, thoughts of career, disease, problems keep popping up in the mind. Virtually the sadhak has no control over that tides of thoughts at all.
Mantras should be chanted in a thought-free mind. The mind can only be trained after regular practice. Sometimes it takes years to tame it.
Nevertheless, the sadhak should make a routine to meditate and weed out the thoughts from his mind in a period of time. The mantras work like a thunderbolt in this calm and no thought mind.
3. Right Procedure– The mantra sadhana is a science. In Science, we should follow a series of instructions to get the desired results. Similarly, the mantra sadhana should be done with the right procedure.
But the lifestyle of the society has become so hectic that people fabricate the mantra sadhana according to their whims and after a trial or two, they fail.
There are some sadhanas which can be done only at night but due to lack of time, people do it in the morning or any other time which doesn’t provide any results. One should abide by the right procedure as much as he can.
4. Guru Deeksha– Deeksha is a unique and rare process of making the life of a disciple purer, more enlightened, and more successful.
Deeksha is the foundation of every kind of worship and penance, therefore a Sadhak must always avoid long methods and adopt the easy way. Receiving Deeksha is such a process.
Deeksha is a specialized process that connects a disciple with the higher frequencies of deities. Once connected the sadhak can get success in mantras and sadhanas.
I have seen many devotees who get success in mantras only after getting Deeksha from a competent Guru.
5. Child-like mind state– I have observed over the years that people who have a child-like state of mind are very much successful in the field of mantras.
On the contrary, the people who have a logical mind are full of skepticism and they rarely get success in the sadhana. The main reason for their success is the utmost belief in the mantras.
The person with a child-like mind believes that what he is doing is true and there is no other option for him. This factor makes it easy for him to connect with the deities.
6. Belief in mantras– The belief in mantra and deity is one of the most important factors which determines success in sadhana. A sadhak should try to perform the sadhana of those deities which he loves most.
Further, the authentic mantras should be chanted with utmost belief and devotion. Belief lets you choose the right attitude. You might have read about the placebo effects in modern science whereby patients are treated with sugar pills and the patients respond magically.
Some patients have even been able to cure their damaged knees and are now walking like any other normal person. Belief is a choice that sets the path to success.
7. Same Time Every day & Balanced Food– There seems to be a connection between the biological clock of the universe with the success of mantras. When I started practicing meditation, I was not consistent with the timings.
But I found out quickly that practicing meditation at the same time helped me tremendously. Not only was I able to connect with my source easily I also got success in connecting with the higher frequencies of the universe.
Any beginner in the Mantras should keep the same time for the Mantra Sadhna every day and should adhere to it. The quality and quantity of the food we consume have a greater impact on the quality and duration of the Mantra Sadhna.
The sadhak who consumes less and selective food can manifest their mantra Sadhna easily. Further, one should also have sound and balanced sleep.
Practicing Yoga for 30-40 minutes also helps to get the right attitude and keeps the mind under control.
8. Surrender– Surrender is the key factor in receiving the grace of Gods and Goddesses. Surrender not only relieves the sadhak from the worries and depression, but it also creates a stronger bond with Deities.
I have seen many sadhaka who practice the Surrender in their daily life and every activity of theirs is filled with fun and enlightenment. This factor is also one of my favorite aspects.
I thank God as much as I can and surrender at the time of difficulties. This aspect makes me free from any negative emotions and feelings.
9. Secrecy– The mantras should be kept secret. Boasting about the Siddhi of a mantra among your circle increases the ego of the individual which may hamper his next success level in mantras.
I have seen many sadhaka indulging in this kind of practice and never getting any success in future sadhanas. The mantra should only be given to the right person and at a right time.
10. Karmas & Prarabdha– Karmas play the most important role in getting success in mantra Sadhna. Karmas determine the fruit of sadhana. Karmas may be past life karmas or present life karmas.
Without the good karmas how hard one may try, one cannot get success in any mantra Sadhna irrespective of the repetition of sadhana. I have seen some sadhak who get success in their first effort whereas there are many who despite their profound knowledge fail dozens of times.
Now, I suggest you take a pen and paper. Evaluate your score by giving 10 marks to each of the Golden Rules. Let’s see what your score is…