Guidelines for Sadhak are the set of rules that should be followed to get success in mantra sadhana. A sadhaka is the person who recites the Mantras, meditates, and performs all the rites to attain siddhi “mastery” through Mantras.
The sadhaka should observe some rules and regulations very strictly while practicing Mantra Shakti. One who controls his body and mind is the Sadhaka.
Sadhaka has one word engraved in his mind – “शरीरं साधयति स: साधकः” A sadhak should always follow some guidelines before performing any sadhana or ritual.
Mantra is a complete set of words from the Vedas attributed to the deities or Devas. Mantras have come down to us from our Maharishis, saints, Sadhus, and yogis who after the recitation of Mantras for several thousand years guided us to follow those mantras. Mantras are single or strung-together syllables.
Mantras are used in Tantric sadhanas or rituals, whispered or chanted in different combinations and contexts, selling up patterns of vibrations. One must learn to pronounce them properly as well as to understand their meaning.
Hindus believe that god, good health, good fortune, and victory over one’s enemies can be attained by chanting the right mantra. According to the Puranas, Shastras, and Maharishis, Mantra is the only way to attain one’s desires, provided one recites mantras with complete faith and the prescribed methods and rules.
The recitation of words of mantras should be pure and correct to create the right vibrations.
Mantra sadhana is very difficult. If during practice some drawbacks remain, it can inflict losses. Without faith and belief, such practice should be avoided. The guidance of a competent Guru or preceptor is quite necessary to attain success.
Guidelines for Sadhak
- Get the mantra Deeksha from a competent Guru.
- Get the mantra from the Guru.
- Start the mantra sadhana at an auspicious time.
- Enchant the mantra at the same time every day for quick success.
- Complete faith and unconditional love backed by a clear heart towards the deity are required for Sadhana.
- Do not start Mantra Recitation under any pressure.
- Trust in God, Cosmic love, kindness, and patience should be the virtues of a Sadhaka.
- Avoid harsh speech, lust, anger, restless thoughts, evil company, and egoism
- Do not gel emotional.
- Mantras on hearsay should be avoided.
- Sadhana without any specific aim bears fruits early.
- In case you see any miracle, do not fear.
- Keep your willpower strong and continue your Sadhana. All troubles will vanish.
- Brahmacharya or celibacy should be observed during sadhana.
- In case of failure, do not lose heart. Try it again and again and you will be crowned with success.